#SelfCareSaturday Episode Two: Sleep
Welcome back to #SelfCareSaturday! This is episode two of my biweekly series that focuses on making self-care a daily habit. Missed last week's episode? Watch it here!
I learned so much from the research I did over the past two weeks and share some of my insights in the video. I'm also excited to tackle one of the most important aspects of self-care in this week's episode: sleep!
Why is sleep important? Sleep is the time for our bodies and minds to recover from our stressful lives. Lack of sleep or poor quality sleep can worsen the symptoms of depression and anxiety, and even be a factor in developing them in the first place.
Let's look at ten ways to improve our sleep and show ourselves some much-needed TLC!
10 Tips For Sleeping Better
- Avoid caffeine in the 6 hours before bed.
- Make your bedroom a sleep inducing environment.
- Create a pre-sleep routine.
- Don't force yourself to sleep.
- Utilize sunlight in the morning.
- Set a sleep schedule.
- Avoid naps.
- Don't eat within two hours of going to sleep.
- Exercise in the morning.
- Don't be too hard on yourself.
Get more details about each of these tips in the video above!
What are your favourite tips for a better night's sleep? Let us know in the comments!
Until next time,