Wedding Planning Update!
It's 10 months to my wedding in a couple of days, and I thought it would be good to take a minute to give you all an update on how planning is going!
So far we've:
- chosen the date (September 11th, 2016 - the 2 year anniversary of our first date!);
- chosen the wedding party (we're keeping it simple with just a maid of honour and a best man);
- created a budget (that we're seriously hoping to stick to!);
- booked the venue (a beautiful farm and forest in Rockwood, Ontario);
- decided on a preliminary menu with the caterer (100% vegan and mouth-watering);
- drafted the guest list (currently sitting at around 50, and we're hoping to keep it below 70), and;
- poured over Pinterest inspiration for hours on end!
What we have left to do in 2015:
- insure my engagement ring;
- choose an officiant;
- create our wedding website;
- make our save the dates;
- book musicians;
- finalize the guest list, and;
- start dress shopping!
I was starting to feel as though we hadn't done anything and were getting so behind. It's great to see the done and to-do list together to realize that we're actually pretty on track! We have almost 2 months to get those 7 items checked off, and other than choosing the dress (which I know is going to take a LONG time... how can I make a snap judgement on my wedding dress??) everything should be pretty easy to get done in a couple days of work.
If you're planning your wedding and not sure where to start, check out my wedding planning timeline here. It's a great guideline to follow so that nothing is left too last minute!
And for those of you who don't follow me on instagram (but why aren't you? I thought we were friends!) I'll include a couple shots of our venue!
Until next time,
Are you on track with wedding planning? What has been your favourite part so far? Let me know in the comments below!