Christmas Gift Guide 2016 [ vegan | minimalist | sustainable ]
It's that time of year again! What can you buy for the eco-conscious vegan minimalist in your life? Try one of these eight gifts that tick all of the boxes!
EVEN MORE GIFT IDEAS...
None of these quite your style? No sweat! Here are more gift options for the sustainable minimalist vegan in your life:
- An experience. Minimalism is all about reducing clutter and consumerism to make way for experiences and living. Giving someone you love an experience [ a day at the museum, a plane or train ticket to a place they've always wanted to visit, a concert ] is a way to show them how much you love them without adding more stuff to their life - just value.
- Food. Believe me, nothing will make your vegan family or friend more excited than handmade vegan goodies! Do a quick google search online for "vegan ___ recipe" and get cooking. I guarantee you'll put a smile on their face!
- Money. It's an oldie, but a goodie. Money can always come in handy. Knick knacks? Not so much.
- Necessities. Need winter boots that keep your feet warm? How about a hat, free from wool, leather, or fur? Buying someone what they need, rather than what they want, can be the most thoughtful gift of all.
- Donate in their name. Are they passionate about a particular cause? Ask them what organization they would like to support, and donate in their name.
- Time. Make a commitment to talk on the phone once a week, or go on a biweekly coffee date. Give them the gift of your time. It's a valuable commodity that will strengthen your relationship exponentially!
What are your favourite gifts to give and receive? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,